Denture Care & FAQs
What should be done to care for a denture?
- Daily brushing with a large brush will help preserve the denture in optimal condition for a long time.
- Care for the remaining teeth is essential to keep a partial denture fitting well. Your partial will only be as good as your natural teeth. If your natural teeth are neglected, your partial will not fit as well.
- Repair spots that show signs of failure. It is always easier to fix a small problem than a large problem. If your denture starts breaking down, it should be repaired.
- Do not wear dentures at night. Your gums need a chance to breathe. Covering the gums at night will lead to gum swelling and inflammation.
- Wear your dentures. People who go for long periods without wearing their dentures will find that they often don?t fit as well afterwards. This is because the gums change shape and the other teeth might move. Also, the tongue gets larger in a person who doesn?t wear dentures for a long time.
- Let us adjust them when needed. Your dentures should fit comfortably and work reasonably well. If you have any concerns, be sure to let us know.
Frequently Asked Questions About Your Dentures
You should see your dentist to have your dentures checked, relined, and adjusted annually or if they begin to irritate you.
Once you receive your finished dentures, you will be thrilled with your softened facial lines and beautiful smile.